If nothing says “comfort food” to you like cheesy chicken rolled up in a flour tortilla and then smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with even more cheese, well then you are in for a treat today. This White Chicken and Cheese Enchilada Casserole Recipe is nothing short of delicious. Packed with tons of fiber and protein, these almost burrito sized enchiladas, are insanely filling.
I ate one with some roasted veggies on the side and I was FULL. These are really easy to make, and make a great large casserole recipe that can easily feed the whole family. They also make great leftovers and reheat pretty nicely.
Each White Chicken and Cheese Enchilada is just 6 Points per serving – definitely a bargain. They make the perfect Weight Watchers Recipe for when you are craving some serious Mexican comfort food. Enjoy!
WHITE CHICKEN AND CHEESE ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Not only are these chicken and cheese enchiladas incredibly delicious, they are very filling and satisfying. Plus, they are smothered in a tangy sour cream and chile sauce that adds extra creaminess to this low calorie comfort food.
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9” x 13” casserole pan with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, onion, 1/2 cup of the fat free sour cream, ½ cup shredded cheese, cumin, lime zest, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- One at a time, roll up the chicken mixture into each tortilla and then place in the casserole dish.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in chiles and remainder of the sour cream, and heat until well combined and heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sour cream sauce over enchiladas, and then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until casserole is cooked through and cheese begins to brown and bubble.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions and diced jalapenos.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 enchilada
Each serving = 6 SmartPts